What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

highland nep terrarium

hey im thinking about making a highland nep terrarium in the future, i don't know anything thing about it but ive got and idea about the highlands because i have just return from the highlands in KL. I saw a nep there growing quite well, these were the condition:

at night to early morning, it was very windy and cold and very humid/misty... it gets warmer when the sun comes out, from about 10am-6pm, maybe about 20 degrees celcius. Are these conditions good?

If not, I have some questions:
what temperature should it be?
humidity? day and night
air circulation?

what are cheap ways of making one?
how do i come about getting the temperature down?
How do i get humidity?

i already have an aquarium fan (PC fan) and a pond mister
also i have heard of people using air stones for humidity and air circulation. How does it add humidity? Dosen't it just blow air bubbles?

i saw a "fan mister" at a DIY shop, The kind where you attach it to a fan to blow out mist. That might be good for the the nights to early morning right? I can attach it to the top of the tank so both mist and "wind" can get to the plants.

thanks! any help is appreciated!

Back