What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a Rectangular Box Terrarium

Last year I bought a VFT at Lowe's and it came in a 4x10 inch or so rectangular plastic terrarium. I have tried looking around the internet and have seen it before, but I am having a hard time relocating it! Any here know where I can find one?

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph....Rim.jpg

At this site you can see an N. Alata in the box I am describing. It's only part of the box, but it may help draw the picture.

Hi Odysseus -

You might try: www.nicetoys.com They have quite a selection.

I have never ordered from them but was thinking about getting:
Clear Acrylic Rectangular Box, #JALRB612 dimensions: 6 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches. Also some of their boxes have one side mirrorized which I thought would be sorta cool.

I hope this helps.

WildBill

I do not have the web address at this time, but look up U.S. Plastics Corp. in Lima, Ohio. I actually work about 3 miles from the warehouse and retail shop. You may also want to check with Pet Flytrap as they may have some as well. The plastic boxes are not cheap.

http://www.usplastic.com

!0 gallon aquariums may often be found at Thrift Stores. Aquarium and Tropical Pet Stores often have cracked tanks that they will give to you. I lay them on the side with the crack face down which makes for a convenient opening in front. You will soon want the added space.

-Tamlin's Tasty Tips

LOL, Nice Tamlin.

...Beanie baby Holders would work good for little plants too I think

Thanks guys! Tamlin thanks for the info, but I do have two ten gallon tanks, one 13 gallon and another 6-foot growing chamber. So, I know how soon the extra can be needed! ;) I was looking for those boxes to grow my Genlisea like Geoff Wong.

Check out that US Plastics Corp website. They have what you are looking for.

Also, try a Jelly Belly Jelly Bean store. I have seen them there as well. Other candy shops might have them as well.

I bought some in a craft store before.
Try Pat Catans or Michaels.

Good plans. I think I should try michael's as that would extinguish any cost of shipping.

Tried Michaels.  No luck.  UsPlastics is sold by the bulk, thus pretty expensive like NickHubbel mentioned.   Still looking.  Dangerous Plants had them pretty cheap, but they asked for a 25$ purchase minimum.

Our Michaels store used to have them but said they don't carry them anymore because too many got damaged in shipping.

Instead of the cubes, sometimes I use very large jars like you get at BJ's or Sam's when buying bulk. You know, like for a gallon of pickles. Sometimes pretzels or candy come in large plastic containers. I invert them, setting the plant on the lid and then set the jar on top of the plant. I also melt some airholes with a soldering iron.

WildBill

Sweet move. I have a couple female bettas in so a jar. So, I'll look for some more of those. I bet they do nicely for a large genlisea as well as be a little bubble terrarium for other plants.
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the tip.

Back