What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

searching for the best T8s.

I'm looking for 4tf T8s in a 5500k-6500k with high lumens in the 2800-3000 range or better. Can anyone suggest a name brand? I'm not having much luck.
sad.gif

You can get them but will probably have to order them online or from a lighting store locally.

Philips makes a T8 Alto Advantage lamp that is 5000k 3000lumens mean.

They may make other bulbs within the specs your looking for and I am sure competitors such as GE/Sylvania also make similar products.  Your best bet would be to contact a lighting store and give them the specs you want and see what they can find.

Here is a link to the Philips Alto Advantage bulb

Philips Alto Advantage spec sheet

Tony

Have you considered t-5 lights? I'm not sure what the difference is, but here is a link to a perfect light for very large terrarium (if you have the bucks). You can also follow the link back for just bulbs or different fixtures.
big bucks, but BIG lumens

Those look like very nice bulbs. The T rating is bulb diameter.

The big difference is the HO (high output) in the link that Schloaty provided. HO bulbs require special ballasts and bulbs. For the record fluorescent bulbs are also available in VHO (very high output) And these require even different bulbs and ballasts. HO is 2x and VHO is 3x the wattage of a standard tube.

So you couldn't run them in a regular fixture (the pins on the end probably wouldn't match a regular shoplight medium bipin connector anyway).

Tony

The bulb I use isn't long but rather compact but very high lumens(7000) @6500K and 65wtt. It is basically identical to a metal halide. The brand name is Regent which is made by a company named CooperLighting. Best of all you can actually touch the bulb surface while it is on, although I've been told by an electrician friend that touching can cause loss of quality. To an extent anyway.

Joe

Back