What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grow chamber/box pictures

I'm going to be making a chamber soon and would like to see pictures of some of yours guys chambers to get some ideas. So if you have a chamber, please post a picture of it....

Pics are most appreciated...

Well I'm the anti-photographer. I can't shoot a pic for s***. I am however turning a china hut into a growchamber. It should be a cool thing. Copper was pretty darn helpful about some key things on that since she did a similar thing. Thanks Rose.
smile_m_32.gif
I am the worst a t getting around to posting pics of something but, I promise when I'm done I will post pics of this project. This will be my new chamber when done. I just hadn't planned on having this many CPs. Darn you people
smile_n_32.gif

So yeah, I'll get to it.

Joe

awesome, I don't think anyone would plan on having this many CPs.... Its crazy how many I've accumulated in the past few months...

There are some old threads floating around this forum with lots of pics..

Would post some pics of my walk in terrarium but I don't have any
smile_n_32.gif

T

I have new one that I will get up later today. Have to do work before play

well here are pics of my 75 gal tank as of Tuesday. its been changed today since i made a temp chamber out of a rubbermaid until i get my big chamber built. I HAVE ROOM AGAIN! the first pic has my Miranda in the forground the skinny nep to the right is my ventrata the one to the left a black/purple form of gracilis. way to the back are Ile de france and rafflesiana. in front of the Ile de France you can kinda see the whitish flowers of my U. livida. there are other various Drosera and stuff but they are hard to make out.
pic one

picture 2 is a over head shot of the Miranda, its kinda cramped. twords the bottom of the pic, on either side of the Miranda leaf is U. tridentata(left) and U. sandersonii(right) you can see a unopened ventrata pitcher along the top edge of the Miranda pot
picture 2

those are some nice pictures. I tryd to search for old pictures of grow chambers. But the threads that are about chambers and show pictures they are al expired :-/ . Currantly I have all the materials for my chamber but I yet to build it. Its going to be a 30"x32"x32" cube.

Here is my highland grow chamber I finished last November. I was changing out the windows to my house, so I figured I would use two of them. One for the front, and the other for the top.

growchamber5.jpg

hey brisco!!!
Thats almost exactly how mine will be! Very nice chamber, very nice chamber indeed. What are you lighting it with?

also can I ask, what are the dimensions of your chamber?

The chamber is 54x46x41in.  The legs add another 2.5 ft in height.  I put the legs on it for storage and to catch any water that may be leaking.  I have a humidifier to mist the plants during the day.  A fan runs in the back to circulate the air.  
The lighting is 5 shoplight units. There are a  total of 10  40watt flouresent lights.  For the majority of the nepenthes, they seem to be okay with it so far.  I am looking into building/purchasing an exterior growchamber for natural light for the future, because  my N. mulensis is starting to "green" up.  If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

wow with all those sho lights you might as wel add a small MH say a 250 watt? the heat would be about the same as all those NO's. And the intensity would be really good might even make your mulensis redden up

In retrospect, I totally agree.  Good luck on your build.

Nice grow chambers! Wish I had one, but hey, in July i'm building a greenhouse! (For myself)

Back