What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The bog we made

Hi All

Well it's been a month or so and this is how the bog is doing as of today!!!

Bog3.jpg

Hope you all like it

Jim

NICE!!!
i like the looks of how its coming out.
i have a mini bog and i c u have some darlingtonia in yours.
u think i can keep some in my minibog?
they look cool, and i always wanted to get one,
Hellz

HI Hellzz

The cobra's are from last year and are just starting to come up, I have a post with the same name as this post from a while back and One from last year of the same bog.. THe cobra's were wraped with a mix of dried spagnum and some living spagnum nad planted in ground spagnum peat and I also water them with cold water everyother day ( rain water ). Do you have a pict of your mini bog? amd i wish you luck with yours
Ps : The cobra's never get over a Foot talll and only turn redish during the spring and early summer , than stay green the rest of the year

Jim

thanks, i think ill put in a cobra in myn
ill post a pic of it tommorow,
this weather over here is horrble on Long Island
good thing i put holes in the side of my minibog, or it would have flooded from the rain...

Hi Hellz
I have the bog tilted to one end so that the extra water collects to that end. We made it that way for the Cobras so that the it would stay As cool as possable. I have seen some that lower the center of the bog and place all the pitcher plants where most water collects.. They seem to like as cold a water as possable so I sometimes refridgerate the water..

JIm

YAY i took pics of the mini bog i made, ill post them latr, i have to do something now

Here we go
biggrin.gif

248DSCN2049-med.JPG

248DSCN2050-med.JPG

248DSCN2053-med.JPG

pics are kinda fuzzy (i dont have a steady hand -_-)
it sits on top of an enclosure that houses a chiller for the reef tank.
it gets atleast 8-10 hours of light per day on a good day.
the Purpurea's are starting to redden up, along with all the VFT and the Sundews (unknown, any help on id will help)
Enjoy,
Hellz

looks great hellz!!!!! Did you cover the whole bog with dried spagnum?

I covered the top with LFS, and it not dry
it put it there just in case any seed drops and it can germinate their
biggrin.gif

also, i want it to start growing live sphagnum
biggrin.gif

Hellz, I like the bog! Where did you get that container? What is it made of? How do you keep everything moist? What kind of drainage do you have in there? How big across is it?

Thanks!

could you tell me what plants are in this bog. Woah this is much more then i thought it would be concidering when i went online i had only decided to get venus fly traps lol. I so badly want a bog now... lol

Back