What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Juliana grow rack—4-tier

Hi All,

Just ordered a Juliana Grow Rack online and expect shippment this week.

Anyone ever used one to grow their CPs? Would like your "good" and "bad" thoughts on this.

Here's a link to see what it looks like:
http://www.julianagreenhouses.com/growrack.html

Thanks,

I use one of those. I don't keep it outside though. I hung 3 flourescent grow lights from the bottom of each shelf and grow plants that way. So far I have 6 lights in there. The only problem would be cooling. Although, I don't enough lights in there to worry about it.

mijako10,

Thanks for the thought.

wow, 79 bucks,
i got myn 4 50 bucks
biggrin.gif

I love it.

I have most of my Neps in it.

I have one I got for 40 after shipping, HA!

Well I like mine the only thing I don't like about it is it obviously doesn't have very good insulation and its temp. is easily dictated by the outside environment. but other then that I love mine.

Northern Tool has some for $29.99.

Jerry

Nice price. I'm thinking of setting one up in my basement for highland neps.

^_^

I picked up a few of those actually. I was lucky and found them for $10. What i did was lay it on its side and covered the open bottom with a few white garbage bags to seal it up. Then I took some 4' shop lights and just layed it across the top. Worked out pretty well. For the smaller plants that needed to be closer to the lighting, I modified the included shelving by cutting it to fit and hung it from the supports with cut and bent metal hangers. A good amount of surface area with these things. Far cheaper than a huge glass tank as well.

Yeah, I can get those at the local A&P for $29 or so. They're actually pretty good, but you got majory ripped off at $80. I would return it from whence it came and go somewhere else to get it much cheaper.

Back