What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Compact flourecents

Hey, I just got back from Home Depot. Pacific Gas and Electric is subsidizing the buying of compact fluorescents (presumably so they don't have to build new power plants), so the Flurex fixture with bulb is now $18. I bought two more of them, plus a few replacement bulbs. $18 bucks for a great cp-growing fixture (when theyre not defective)!!!

Capslock

Yes. I was just there today. Of course, the sale implies it would be only within the Pacific Gas and Electric territory, which is west coast, USA.

Max

OK, got a quick question. So, I got the tow 125 watt cf, and I avoided getting the expensive reflectors with it. But, that was a mistake. Where can I get a cheap reflector that will fit around the socket I got for the bulb? Maybe it's because I dont have the reflector, but the 4, 3000K, 2000 lumens each cf bulbs with reflectors that I had seem to make the chamber brighter than the two 125 watt, 64000K bulbs. Is this because the two bulbs dont have the reflectors, or does the yellower spectrum of the four lower wattage bulbs just seem brighter to the human eye?

Back