What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cp's that require dormancy and those that don't

Hey all,

I am trying to select the best CP for a terranium but I am trying to find a list of CPs that do and don't require dormancy.

Can someone tell me which CP's require dormancy besides VFT? Does any one know of a list that provides this information?

What are good terranium mates for VFT's that can be all be given dormancy at once.... meaning.... put the whole tank in the garage.

Thanks guys

Other CP that require dormancy besides VFT are Sarracenia, some bladderwort, butterworts, and cobra lily.

If you choose VFT, I would go for S. Purpurea, S. Psittacina, any temperate butterwort, bladderwort and cobra lily (u might).

(do require dormancy)
All VFT's
All Sarracenia
Drosera Binata
Darlingtonia

(dont require dormancy)
All Nepenthes
Drosera Capensis

A more concise way of determining what does and what doesn't is procuring a copy of Savage Garden. It is a good book for those without much CP cultivation experience, providing basic tips about dormancy requirements, soil media, and decent pictures. While a more experienced person can deviate from what is suggested in this book, a beginner, such as myself, benefits greatly from having ONE successful way of cultivation. Sort of like needing to KNOW the rules before you can break or bend them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Aug. 05 2004,4:16)]A more concise way of determining what does and what doesn't is procuring a copy of Savage Garden....
Blast! Ye beat me to it, Jim!
smile_n_32.gif
Savage Garden was the first thing that came to mind when I read ChrisJPS' post. So, I guess I'll just have to second the motion.
smile.gif
Savage Garden contains so much helpful information!

Back