What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My mini bog thing.

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Nothing really big and fancy but here is what I've got...   This sits in my green house...
minibogthing.jpg

minibog8_15_04.jpg

Not bad for only 2 months...
smile.gif

Enjoy,
Andrew

Looks like the soil is WAY too dry!!!

I don't think so... and the plants are liken it.. What more can you ask for?
Andrew

as long as the plants are fine looks like your doin good but then again pond boy knows alot more than me, well great bog! i like the sarrs

The soil looks fine to me.I have the same type of setup with 1 for  red dragon vfts and 1 for typicals.They grow better for me in a dryer soil,50/50 peat/sand.I also have pots that sit in trays,most of my vfts have rotted from being to wet,I'm talking about,vft banded,red priahna,pink venus,yellow,makes me want to cry
smile_h_32.gif

Jerry

Nice mini bog.
smile.gif
I keep my bog on the drier side also, and it does just fine.

Also, all the little plants you see are from seed that I tossed in a week or so after I made this thing... So, if the seedlings are growing up this well, I guess that is further proff that it is definatly wet enough. I'm not sure the picture is showing the dirt in actual color.... There is a tiny bit of moss growing on the surface also, I guess that could be making it look a tad dry.

The plants that are in this are plants that weren't really doing good for me. So this was kinda a "If they do good great! If not allwell." kind of situation... Looks like they are on the "doing good" side to me.
smile_m_32.gif

Andrew

Hey, I like a good smorgasbord! Thanx for sharing.

my soil of all my plants is atleast that dry if not drier. and they love it.

nice plants!

very nice. you can clearly see how much theyve grown!

Back