What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bog in a pot

dose anyone know any hardy plants that do well in bogs in england

S.purpurea ssp.purpurea,S.oreophilla,S.purpurea ssp.purpurea x oreophilla,D.rotundifolia,D.intermedia temperate form,D.anglica temperate form,D.linearis,D.filiformis ssp.filiformis,P.vulgaris.

I`m sure theres more but these are the ones I could think of.:)

thanks pondboy

are there anymore i need loads of cps im makinga a large bog

I have got S.rubra subsp. jonesii,P.grandiflora, D.rotundifolia and S.purpurea subsp. purpurea in my large outdoor all year round CP pot.
smile.gif

Here are some pictures:

Sarracenia rubra subsp. jonesii heterophylla(all green form)

Sarraceniarubrasubspjonesii.jpg

Drosera rotundifolia:

Droserarotundifolia.jpg

The whole thing:

Carnivorousoutdorpot.jpg

Dino
cool.gif

See if you can get your hands on some D. fillaformis. That is one great sundew! Also, if I'm not mistaken, the English weather might just be perfect for Darlingtonia.... Are there any other english growers who could confirm this?

I have started a thread for these photos.
smile.gif
I thin it would be better if we post there about the pictures, and we can leave this thread for tree terror so he can get advice.
smile_m_32.gif
I have D.filiformis seeds from Pyro.
smile.gif

is d filiformis hard to grow

is darlingtonia ok for england

any more cps

thanks

Darlingtonia, you may find a problem with that one, the roots must ALWAYS be kept cool. If you cant manage this, esspecially in Summer, your plant will suffer and will probably die. I would never reccomend that plant to a total begginer.

hey im a two month newbie lol

i could do it by freezing deionized water and using that but it might affect the other cps

any other cps

when should i order before fall or in spring

Errr, S.flava is hardy all year round.So is S.orephilla. And S.purpurea.
D.rotundifolia, D.anglica, P.grandiflora all forms are also all hardy.

well, i wouldn't say that Darlingtonia needs that much attention to its roots. i find that my darlingtonia plantlets do fine in my plastic mini greenhouse where temps can soar to the 30Cs. i just leave it in a corner where it gets diffused light. i guess its whatever that works for you, there are many people in england who successfully grow darlingtonia. Zongyi

Back