What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrarium fogger or mister?

I have a small 10G terrarium and wondering what would be more benificial for the plants, a mister or fogger?

depends on what your trying to do. if your lazy and want to spend more money than you have to in order to water the plants, go with the mister. if your just trying to increase the humidity, which shouldn't be a big problem at all in a 10 gal, go with the fogger.

How much percent depends on how dry or humid your existing enviroment is without it.

If without it say your humidity is at 20% with the lights on, like my 10G terrarirum. If it adds 70% to bring it up to 90% then it will be at 90%, say your humidity is allready at 50%, then it might hit 100% humidity with the fogger.

If it goes over the humidity you want it at, then put it on a timer or install a vent fan for the terrarium.

I got an ultrasonic fogger for my Terrariam, but it didn't work with distilled water, but worked with my well water. I was afraid of mineral deposits that might develop and I ended up not using it.

Uh oh...
So I got one also and ran it in distilled water and the thing only went on and off sometimes.

Was it broken? Or can it not work in distilled water? The water sensor seemed not to detect the water sometimes.

Well it's RMA'ing in the mail, and I should get it back soon. Next time I'll check and use regular water to test.

ur wrong!
blues.gif
im curently using it on distilled water, btw show me how u applied it in ur tank, wat do u put it in? i put mine on a short cup and let it splash like crazy, splash guard doesnt help completely, the fogger uses so much water, i need to get the bouy and put it on a BIG GULP cup, but i emailed the guy and they said the splashguard doesnt fit witht the bouy, so its fogger+bouy or fogger and guard,

my tank is soaked cuz of the humidity, but the meter still says 51% on average odd, it hit 85 at the max, mines is 50% w/o fogger.

i got the governor as well, very useful, highly recomended, along with both of the splash guard, expensive but worth
smile_n_32.gif

wen i first open my tank, it was dripping from the lid,
mad.gif
not cool, didnt kno it would b that humid
smile.gif

fogger acts as a mister, so u get fogger/mister too, it waters ur plants for u
laugh.gif
send me som pix of ur fogger operating

-huy

Well got my new one backa nd placed it in distilled water and no workie.

Then I added some tap awater and it went right on. I got the Hagen brand.

I'm going to order another one from the company I got the splash guard and the splash holder from, maybe it works better in distilled water.

Distilled water doesn't conduct as much electricity as tap so the sensor doesn't know it's submerged.

well i got my fans for 99c each, on EBAY! fogger for 24including S&H

and som screws and bolts for couple dollars,

heres the setup

My setup

my dad helped me do it

Is that just reflective material on your terrarium sides or some sort of isolation material?

I think he used Car Windsheild reflector material.
I told him it might keep too much heat in.

i got it from a frend, all i kno its a reflector, its pretty effective, heat increase from it i dono yet, but ill take anything that works, i also use foil tape

You can go to Walmart or Target and get a Mylar emergency blanket for around $2.50 also.  It is not as bumpy and alot thinner. Go to the camping section.

blanket? i dono wat that is, im thinking about painting it silver, but all the humidity might affect the painting, so i dono yet

Emergency Blanket is silver.
They use it in the army and stuff. It's super thin but retains heat.

enuff about that, humidity + reflector = cancels out, i turned off my fogger and its stuff above 90s%

Question, if your humidity is so high why don't you drill a hole next to one of your fans?

That way you will get fresh air and the plants will do better. IMHO.

I was thinking the CO2 levels are dropping so low when the top is on.

Back