What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post pics of your greenhouses/terrariums/boggarden

• Thread starter SunPitcher
  • Start date
Hmm. What are the rules about exporting plants in your country? Just curious
smile_m_32.gif
. It looks like the nepenthes you picked up were N. sanguineas, by the way.

Kinda difficult. Have to get the proper documents and sign by the government department. And gonna pay some money too. My country is kinda hot and warm. I don't know the plants able to stand for long distance travel or not.

I sent some mosses and riccia to South America, US, UK, HK, etc before by normal post. But never send venus fyltrap or picther...

I recently cleaned up my terrariums (took the sphagnum moss out of the bottom, transferred all my plants to the tray system instead of keeping water all along the bottom, and added better reflective material to the back and sides) and I thought you guys might like to see:

Tank 1
Terrarium1.jpg

Tank 2
Terrarium2.jpg

A shot of both of them
Farawayshotofterrariums.jpg

Good lord Jan! That has to be one of the coolest terrariums I've ever seen
blues.gif

Actually, I remember you posting pictures of this a while back, and while I was impressed then, I'm REALLY impressed now! There has been so much growth...Can you post (or PM me) the stats of your terrarium? I'm very interested in setting up a terra-formed terrarium like yours and you have an excellent example to model mine after. Do you water all those plants from the top, getting water on all the sundews? Or do you do something different? What lights are you using? How big is that tank? What's the soil medium? How long ago did you put this terrarium together? What kind of moss do you have growing in there? Why do I ask so many questions? Are CPs cool? Thanks!

^^ I would also like to know janW's terrarium stats ^^

If you can PM me with info?

-Rail

Individuals collecting wild plants is not on, whether or not the site is under threat or not. If everybody took plants from land that had 'For Sale' on or whatever, then there would be even less out there than there already is.

There are procedures for sites under threat. Email Ozzy, our conservation mod, if you come across what you think is a threatened area for advice. I know you meant well, but do not rip up plants from the wild.

Back