What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post pics of your greenhouses/terrariums/boggarden

• Thread starter SunPitcher
  • Start date
Lets see um!
smile_n_32.gif

Changing it now.
Got a new 10G for 10buks and spray painted it silver and going to tint it soon with 20% limo tint.
The old tank is going to be used as my African Cichlid Fry tank (Glass is kinda scratched from rocks).

I got a nice stand from walmart that holds two 10G tanks. More pics later.

The setup has a fogger, and fan, and a 65watt Fluorex. I have eggcrate with different levels in the water. The temp is 10F lower than room temp when the light is on and gets to about 95% humidity when the fogger is on high.
10G(Medium).JPG

10G%20On(Medium).JPG

WoW!! (I like the flava red tubes):laugh:

Cheers! The sun is at a bad angle though, the red tubes look a bit pale
smile_l_32.gif

OK, here is my new setup I just finished:
Just need to velcro in the temp/humidity gauge and get a variable fan control or new AC Adapter to vary the fan speed. You can see the fogger splash guards in the back right hand corner.
NewTerrariumEmpty.jpg

NewTerrariumFull.jpg

NewTerrariumTop.JPG

Where do you all get that white plastic grating from? (LESLIEx317537 called it eggcrate)

You can get eggcrate from Home Depot. It's actually lighting panels. They are the size of a standard ceiling panel.

I use them for my fishtanks also to support rocks and keep my diggers from collapsing all the rockwork.

Cut them with a pair of wire cutters.

Looks great Leslie, a bit small though but very nice.:cool:

What happens when the water drains down from the pots to the bottom. Doesn't it get very dirty? And how do you drain access water? Just take it all out?

Yea definetly smaller than most setups. I was going to use a 20G long tank with two Fluorex's but this will have to do for now. I have way too many tanks in my room.
smile.gif
I got a 30G, 20G, and two 10G's in my tiny sleeping room.
In the pots on the bottom I have LFS, so no dirt leaks out.
If I need to drain the excess water, I can use my Python aquarium gravel cleaner and suck all the water out into the sink.

well i havent gotten mine yet, but im pretty sure i will, my mom says i wont but she always says stuff like that around x-mas, so im 90% sure it will, heres a pic
a6_2.JPG

Hey Leslie, is your fan at the top of your tank used to draw air in from outside to the inside or your tank or does it blow air from the inside out?

Hi, the 80mm low profile fan I got from some equipment from work in the city blows in. I think I took it out of a printer or old computer.

I have it hooked up to a 1000ma radio shack AC adapter with variable voltage so I can control the speed.

The fan, fogger, and light are all on a timer to go on for 14 hours. The fan blows the fogger mist around to other parts of the aquarium and I have small exit holes out from gaps in the top and where the light sits in. So this setup creates a positive air pressure rather then a negative air pressure right now.

Doesnt it get pretty hot in there with the Flourex sitting directly on top of the terr. So the heat would just build up?

I have the plastic heat sheild on it and the fan keeps it cool.  When the fogger is on it gets even cooler cause humid air can move warm air while dry air can't hold any heat.

Without fogger and the fan on, the temps get +10 over room temp.  With fogger on and fan on, the temp drops to -10 below room temp depending on the fogger setting.

Nice pics all! I can't figure out how to post the pics though, i've given up.
mad.gif

Back