What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie.. have some questions

hey milky where in neb do u live? is it anywhere close to the South Dakota border? if it is i would maybe be able to deliver a vft if u wanted me to

i live about an hour from the kansas border... in south central area..

ok some of the lil CP look kinda cute.. (what can i say i am easily persuaded :p )

anyways.. three are to many options!!

120.jpg

Sorry about being late with the picture and its size, but here are ones I have, that came from a local garden center. As you can see, many here are willing to help - as we have all been helped along.

Milky, for the base of your terrarium, on top of the gravel, put down some activated charcoal to help keep the soil free of excess nutrients. The gravel and charcoal should come up to about two or three inches, so you can see where the water level is in the tank. On top of that, a mix of equal parts peat moss and sand will be good for most CPs. A good way to distribute the soil is on a slope, with the front of the tank having less soil than the back. This way, you can see all your plants better, and plants that like wetter soil can be placed in front, where they'll be closer to the water table.
Good luck!
~Joe

Back