What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone tried lighting with t-5's?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ Feb. 16 2005,12:23)]For example Marijuana growers are beginning to use them (a few here and there) BUT if an annual can be grown indoor with them then anything can with a tailored spectrum.
Hi Joe,

that really sounds interesting! Can you provide a link?

Cheers,
Jan

hold on, gimme a minute. I'll find it.

OK,

1) Firstly, I am in NO way responsible for the content of the following links. I have not had any problems BUT I am just saying.

2) The following links may contain vulgar language or any number of mature subjects. You must also be 18 to veiw these links. Again I am not responsible.

While possesion of Marijuana is illegal as well as growing it, you must remember that these people make a living or are growing a product with a superior cash value. As a result these people are on to the latest in technology to get the healthiest plants for the cheapest overall cost. (Profit and overhead). I DO NOT CONDONE any use or growing of any illegal plant but these growers are far superior in technology and latest advancements in Botany.

link

more link

<a href="http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?
s=&threadid=313061&highlight=LEDS" target="_blank">another</a>

another

<a href="http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?
s=&threadid=439759&highlight=LEDS" target="_blank">another 1</a>

another 2

another 3

another 4

last

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

Joe

You'll be reading a while, that outta do it.

Take care
Joe

Thanks for the links!

Cheers,
Jan

Hmmm... I absolutely love the breadth of discussion here, from growing coral, to CP's, to Pot... wow.

Oh uhh... petflytrap does not encourage people to follow links of questionable content blah blah blah...

OverGrow is a community of legal growers who have been invaded by common potheads.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Seriously though all BS aside it is good reading for advancements in horticulture and botany. Like I said befor, many of these guys bread and butter is their ability to produce the healthiest plants with the least effort and smallest costs.
Read carefully! Yes some off topics in the links may indeed be very questionable.

Joe

I don't know that businesses are going to be going T5 in two years here in the states.  (I wish!)  I made a trip to Home Depot last week and noticed that T8 lamps are now available in economy two-packs and in a wide range of color temperature, and that's new in the last year or so, so at least we're only behind about one generation.

Regarding UV LEDs...i step away from the field of research and things just get out of hand!   Blue LEDs are a recent development because it was hard to find a semiconductor with a large enough bandgap.  This barrier has been removed many times over with the III-V semi revolution and OLEDs, but it's still hard to imagine what could be used as the emitter, and even more so what could be used for the packaging.  I'm curious... time to do some reading.

Man i love those pot forums.  If you can discern between who are the real pros and who are the perma-potheads you can learn a lot. ;)  Mike and i were talking about it on the way to the NECPS meeting: if we grew pot alongside our neps as a cash cow, we could be in the ironic position of telling people "i grow marijuana to support my habit... my CP habit."

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D muscipula @ Feb. 20 2005,3:10)]I don't know that businesses are going to be going T5 in two years here in the states. (I wish!) I made a trip to Home Depot last week and noticed that T8 lamps are now available in economy two-packs and in a wide range of color temperature, and that's new in the last year or so, so at least we're only behind about one generation.
Hi,

I did not research the fact that they will be in every building but the trend is clearly visible. In our home depot stores there are no T12 lamps for years. T8 is standard.

Cheers,
Jan

Dmuscipula,
You're not the only one whos pondered ways to support a plant habit. I almost considered the idea when I got to thinkin about a greenhouse.

smile_n_32.gif

Joe

Back