What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well my plants I moved to my two recently constructed bogs seem to be doing well as do the ones in my older bog. Lets see I have S. flava 'cooks bayou, Fl' going to bloom (well it has a very large bud) and the same for my S. purpurea x. rubra. My P. lutea, caeurulea, and planifolia also seem to be going to bloom. Unortunatly my younger Sarra leucophylla seedlings seem to have died (well a few of them) I guess they were too young. On the other hand the 6month old seedlings in a mix ave all gotten off to a good start. If the one continues to be bright red and have the same shape I am thinking cultivar. I learned that one of my capensis' is a 'red variety' unless the wide leaf ones can turn orange red in sun. My binata extrema is looking happier outside then in. ANt I am thinking fo trying a ceph outside in the bog. What does everyone think? What is everyone elses bog garden status?

Still quiet in my bogs. The sarras are sleeping tightly, and I'm just starting to get the first signs of spring from my D. dichotoma and filiformis. The VFTs are also still sleeping. Can't wait for spring, though!

Capslock

Capslock, do you have a p[icture of your bog in spring? I always enjoy seeing your photos

oh, well I dont have a bog setup yet, but I'm gonna make one later since the weather here is on-off cold so its unpredictable when you're gonna have a night where it gets below 0 but my mom got like a 300 dollar fountain on sale for 50 bucks so Im gonna put the fountain in the ground, then surround it with pond liner and make that my bog area, since my mom wants to xeriscape

I have a wet bed (Cheshire, England) and was pleased that all has survived the winter, VFts starting up, at least some pings survived the blackbirds throwing them around, and droseras waking up, plus all the sarracenis and darlingtonis have been ok. No cephs though - not enough spare to try yet....
Orchids are all growing and the Salix x boydii is in bud and will catkin soon. Nice time of year when the sun comes out.

BR
Chris

Back