Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photos, one year ago and now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Alvin Meister @ Mar. 13 2005,11:13)]Very nice. Your flava looks like var. maxima.
    Is S. flava var. maxima synonymous to "mixed clones", or is "mixed clones" just a way of saying "unknown"?
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    S. flava var. maxima is completely green (apart from the very base of the pitchers), which looks like your flava.
    Your mixed clones sounds like an 'I don't know' to me - probably a number of flavas pollinated by insects.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey SarraceniaScott,
    try this link-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....;t=4808

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mixed clones are any flava mix. You could get anything when you order them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Mar. 13 2005,1:10)]Hey SarraceniaScott,
    try this link-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....;t=4808
    Yeah, that actually is the one...

I need to try using whey protein sometime...

Or maybe koi pellets.

But for now, an awful lot of gnats and crane flies manage to find their way into the growing hood, despite being enclosed entirely except for the bottom.

My D. adelae is the primary catcher of gnats, followed closely by the P. primuliflora.

The various other sundews have all managed to snack on the occasional hapless gnat, as well, and even the VFTs have had good hunting at times.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple quick questions. About how much direct sunlight does your nepenthes 'miranda' get and do you give any suplementary light? and how do you provide for the humidity?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (ALLOSAURZ @ Mar. 14 2005,1:18)]Couple quick questions. About how much direct sunlight does your nepenthes 'miranda' get and do you give any suplementary light? and how do you provide for the humidity?
    Well, the Nepenthes pictured on my page, hanging in the window, all receive sunlight filtered through the shade, probably equivalent to 60% shade, which is good, because they couldn't tolerate the direct sunlight. The only supplementary light is what they get from the fluorescents from the indoor greenhouse, which isn't much.

They don't get much humidity... I mist occasionally. The N. x miranda doesn't pitcher much; the N. x coccinea seem to be fine with the normal indoor humidity, or lack thereof, because they pitcher rather prolifically.

In summer, I hang the Nepenthes outside, under a shade tree. It's very humid in Houston, so they do great outside.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maxima is all green and I agree with alvin, maxima can also get to be VERY tall, you should see Mr. Agas
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12