What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos, one year ago and now

way more organized than my setup. very nice, i use various plastic packs for seedlings and starter Utric plugs too. i like that U. livida, seems to be VERY free flowering. mine always has blooms but nothing like that.

I like your set up very much. Quite impressive.

May I ask why you are adding skim milk to your S. purpurea please?  I have no doubt there exists sound reasoning behind your decision to do so.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Mar. 13 2005,9:12)]I like your set up very much. Quite impressive.

May I ask why you are adding skim milk to your S. purpurea please?  I have no doubt there exists sound reasoning behind your decision to do so.
There was a thread about using skim milk to feed CPs, and the consensus seemed to be that it worked pretty well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alvin Meister @ Mar. 13 2005,11:13)]Very nice. Your flava looks like var. maxima.
Is S. flava var. maxima synonymous to "mixed clones", or is "mixed clones" just a way of saying "unknown"?

S. flava var. maxima is completely green (apart from the very base of the pitchers), which looks like your flava.
Your mixed clones sounds like an 'I don't know' to me - probably a number of flavas pollinated by insects.

mixed clones are any flava mix. You could get anything when you order them

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Mar. 13 2005,1:10)]Hey SarraceniaScott,
try this link-
http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin....;t=4808
Yeah, that actually is the one...

I need to try using whey protein sometime...

Or maybe koi pellets.

But for now, an awful lot of gnats and crane flies manage to find their way into the growing hood, despite being enclosed entirely except for the bottom.

My D. adelae is the primary catcher of gnats, followed closely by the P. primuliflora.

The various other sundews have all managed to snack on the occasional hapless gnat, as well, and even the VFTs have had good hunting at times.

Couple quick questions. About how much direct sunlight does your nepenthes 'miranda' get and do you give any suplementary light? and how do you provide for the humidity?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ALLOSAURZ @ Mar. 14 2005,1:18)]Couple quick questions. About how much direct sunlight does your nepenthes 'miranda' get and do you give any suplementary light? and how do you provide for the humidity?
Well, the Nepenthes pictured on my page, hanging in the window, all receive sunlight filtered through the shade, probably equivalent to 60% shade, which is good, because they couldn't tolerate the direct sunlight. The only supplementary light is what they get from the fluorescents from the indoor greenhouse, which isn't much.

They don't get much humidity... I mist occasionally. The N. x miranda doesn't pitcher much; the N. x coccinea seem to be fine with the normal indoor humidity, or lack thereof, because they pitcher rather prolifically.

In summer, I hang the Nepenthes outside, under a shade tree. It's very humid in Houston, so they do great outside.

Maxima is all green and I agree with alvin, maxima can also get to be VERY tall, you should see Mr. Agas

Back