What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yeah! getting a hard sided greenhouse!

It's official, i have made a B average with no Cs. I am getting a hard sided greenhouse. I haven't decided on what type to get yet, but i know it will be at least 12 x 16 feet. YEAH BABY YEAH!!!

Should beat the crap out of that "tent".

Please push to have some misters and a fan in there too, those high temps are making me worried!
smile.gif

They don't seem to bother any plants. The one i'm gonna get is actually more like 8'6" by 16, and it comes with some ceiling vents to let heat out.
smile.gif

And yes it should beat the crap outta that tent. I'll convert the larger tent in to a stovehouse for lowland neps, and i'll convert the smaller tent in to an unheated greenhouse for sarrs, VFTs, etc since we barely get two or three frosts per year.

Man........
All you kids get greenhouses, I wish someone would buy me a greenhouse.  
smile_m_32.gif

Seriously though, sometimes I think; What a jump on experience these kids could have if thats what they wanted to do for a living. Between the early learning and the hands-on from a GH. It could really make a difference by adulthood.

Congratulations man, ENJOY!
Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ Mar. 26 2005,1:43)]Man........
smile_m_32.gif

Seriously though, sometimes I think; What a jump on experience these kids could have if thats what they wanted to do for a living. Between the early learning and the hands-on from a GH. It could really make a difference by adulthood.

Joe
oh I know!!!

They're lucky. If I told my parents I wanted a g-house when I was a kid, they would have looked at me funny. Well, I'll I can do is work and hope to have enough someday to buy/bild my own....

Congrates! you'll have to take pics when its set up

Good luck with the greenhouse!Must be nice.

Jerry

My mom looked at me funny too when i said i wanted one but...

She said you wanted one?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ Mar. 26 2005,1:43)]Man........
smile_m_32.gif

Joe
well yeah, bein a nureserymen like tony would be a dream, but thats my number two plan to pro football, dont laugh I'm only in 7th grade and im gonna be on the high school squad next year as a reciever

Yes! I'm a year older than Kirk! I'm trying to get my own little business started already, i wholesale order Neps from Tony (ask him, it's true!). I also have a wholesale account with cook's. I'm making a considerable ammount too. And my mom doesn't care, cause she gets a tax deduction.
smile_n_32.gif

lol yeah im thirteen too, sounds like your making out like a bandit! lol I also do wholesale, but mainly with sarracenia and not as much nepenthes, although recently I've been trying to increase my nep collection, hopefully trent and michelle will be able to help me there

hey good luck with the green house. i am building one rihgt now too.

hey kirk when u go pro u know maybe u could chip in some money to me so i can kick off a greenhouse business.
smile_m_32.gif
lol or at least get me an autograph

thanks

Brad

Back