What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mushrooms?

Does anyone know if you can plant mushrooms in a terrarium? I want to, but i dont know where to buy them, and what ones would be good for my humid terrarium.

throw in some orchid bark, i always get mushrooms growing on orchid bark if it stays wet enough

Some info and supplies for growing mushrooms.
smile.gif

Here are some I grew from a kit...

Shiitakes
Sh1taake_web.jpg

Greetings,

I've grown a lot of edible mushrooms in the past. Terrariums are perfect because you can provide humidity and good light, which is important for mushroom development. I've gotten most of my stuff from Fungi Perfecti.

Pretty much any mushroom will grow in a terrarium. If you want something very beautiful, go with the pink oyster mushroom (see the link and scroll down a bit http://www.fungiperfecti.com/kits/indoor.html). They are best for tropical conditions. They also need plenty of light to produce the pink color.

Brian

all the mushrooms i see are in big bad clumps, etc. if i buy one, how do i make it so just a few mushrooms grow here and there in my terrarium, not all in one place?

If I could grow portabella's
smile_n_32.gif
I would grow mushrooms then.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yuri_WIldcat @ May 03 2005,9:22)]all the mushrooms i see are in big bad clumps, etc. if i buy one, how do i make it so just a few mushrooms grow here and there in my terrarium, not all in one place?
It's gonna be really hard to control where and how many mushrooms you get. You probably don't want to mix with other plants.

Back