What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other terrarium plants

Are there any types of plants, aside from the main ones listed on the site, that i can put in my terrarium? Like plants from home deopt or nurserys that dont get too big?

For my terrarium i am going with the theme of emerald green and "blue" leaves. with a few green-bright white accent plants, but not too many. My main plants are hostas, but i need more than that.

also, where can i buy different types of moss?

I can send you live sphagnum if you would like. Home Depot & Lowes had the dried stuff.

that would be very cool ^-^ ive never seen it live before.

But first, you must answer a riddle: How is a Yuri Wildcat like a Siberian Tiggy?  
smile_m_32.gif

Now get some sleep, girl! It must have been like 3:30 am when you were posting! You've got finals to study for!  
smile_n_32.gif

Hey, wait a second! I just noticed something. Notice the similarity and use of font color and symbols of the post below. Isn't this really the same person? Coincidence? I think NOT!

Look at page 2

Hmmmm...

lol ^-^ yuri wildcat and siberian tiggy.... yuri is a siberian name and tiggy is a wildcat? and im imbetween schools at the moment, so no finals - sides, im a night person ^-^

Wow! You're good! But what about that apparent similarity between you and the Canadian gal? Coincidence?

In between school? Not going there. You don't so the asterisk thing, do you?

confused.gif
what astrisk thing? and no, i dont know the canadian girl, lol.

You know, *dances like an idiot* or *heavy sigh* or *oy veh*. I was thinking maybe you and she were actually the same person and pretending not to know French!
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Hey now! I am not pretending not to know french! I failed french miserably.. thus why I took spanish instead!

Though Yuri does get a sincere thank you from me! It has been quite a while since anyone has called me a "girl"

And it's been a long time for me as well!
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Jim if it will make you feel better,I'll call you girl
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

HEY!!! Wait a minute.. you said look at page 2! (reading is good Kate!) Well good news there is it wasn't me you were reffering to in the first place... bad news of course.. I still wasn't called a girl.... *sob* *sob* *sob* Jim gets all the luck!

Sorry Kate
smile_h_32.gif
! Didn't mean to leave you out.

So what's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?

(Lame I know but it was the best I could do at the spur of the moment)

rofl.. okay.. now you're stretching the truth......

Could be worse, Steve. One of us, in an attempt to avoid putting our feet in our respective mouths could have said, "Oh... Kate.... we don't think of you as a girl (you can substitute woman - it insults just as well.)
smile_m_32.gif

Could be worse, Steve. One of us, in an attempt to avoid putting our feet in our respective mouths, could have said, "Oh... Kate.... we don't think of you as a girl (you can substitute woman - it insults just as well.)
smile_m_32.gif

and all I have to say to that is.............

pppppppppppppppttttttttttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

another good place to find odd ball terrarium plants is Cloud Jungle Epiphytes a guy by the name of Harry owns and runs it. he is just as nice of a guy as our fearless leader Phil. some of the Dischidia species are quite colorful and love high humidity. some of the Selaginella fern species are very colorful too. he is very helpful if you have any questions. also he has some really cool epiphytic fern species.

Back