What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Think my plant is dying

Most is but that darn miracle grow

I use regular perlite from WalMart. Have been forever and my CPs always did fine.

Hey all, I have a P. Primuliflora that is wilting and dying from the leaf tips back. I have had a problem with these before. My terrarium conditions are posted under the topic "post pictures of your terrarium here." Is it the heat? too much light? should i be overhead watering it or not? should i mist it or not?

Let me know,
Jeff

P. primuliflora does best when the light is indirect or during the morning. It does well "open tray. It doesn't like too much light. If kept covered, it will be prone to mold. Terrariums are really the worst of all worlds for this plant. Doesn't need misting. Next time you get one, just put the pot in a plastic container, on a window sill, SE exposure, with no cover.

i moved it to a windowsill with my D. californica. It's a north facing window that gets indirect light. I also have a grow lamp set up about 2 feet above it to give it some more light. Im keeping it in its tray with 2 inches of water.

Thanks alot,
Jeff

It should do better, soon.
smile.gif

Thanks to everyones help and advice my plant is coming back. I have a green trap that is now open and one is starting to grow.

Back