What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using weed cloth for shade

hey everyone, I wanted to go to a nursery today and buy professional shade cloth for my greenhouse since it has gotten really hot here the past couple of days, my dad however wanted to not drive to the nursery and pay 10 bucks more, so instead we went to the K-mart in the mall and tried to find something that would work, my dad thought that the weed fabric would work nicely, so I decided to buy some. It is plastic fabric that is black. Do you think this will work, I hope it will, I am only looking to transfer 50 -70% of the light into the greenhouse, this stuff it pretty thin, so I think it should work, what do you think?

I thought about using weed cloth myself, but it wasn't big enough for what I needed. The best way to find out is to just try it. If it doesn't shade enough, you can always double layer it. Or if it doesn't let in enough light than, I guess that kind of sucks. You'd proabably have to buy shade cloth

But I think it would work though. Let us know how it goes....

Back