What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrarium condensation

I was wondering if anyone has solved the problem of fogged glass in a terrarium. It would be nice to actually see the plants that are in there...
smile_m_32.gif

I've got a few half-baked ideas but would like to know if someone has found a simple, cost-effective solution before I go trying all kinds of silly stuff.

the solution to condensation is air circulation
biggrin.gif

or lower the humidity or mess with the temperature... but that doesn't sound as nice as my little rhyme
smile.gif
everyones plants can use more air circulation anyway

hope that helps

When a terranium gets that condensated (depending on how you have it setup), you either have too much water in it (if you have soil on the bottom of the tank), or lack of airflow.

What kind of cover do you have on top? If it's a glass/plastic cover, try sliding the cover so it hangs off the tank a little. Give it a little crack. That should help.

There's too little air circulation. Place a CPU fan in your terrarium to acheive high humidity without condensation, or open the lid a bit (but this will equilibriate your terrarium's humidity to that of the ambient environment).

Back