What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New bog garden

<span style='color:purple'>So I've had my VFT(typical) outside for quite awhile. And I recently, just today, made my bog garden. Used a 10in wide pot. A layer of gravel, peat moss/sand, spagnum peat moss, spagnum moss. I have a FTV and a Burnswick Beauty/Purple Pitcher Plant(at least thats what the label said) in there.
Do I leave this outside all night also? Direct sun area during the day? And am I doing this all right? Here is some pictures.
Cp3.jpg

my bog garden
Cp2.jpg

VFT
Cp1.jpg

PP</span>

24/7 is what they need for maximum energy/growth, etc... Just keep them watered. Can you purchase some distilled water at the grocery store? Can you collect rainwater? They should be fine.

24/7 light?

I think Jimscott meant *outside 24/7*..
just leave it outside all the time.
yes, direct sun during the day..
as much direct sun as you can give it..

Scot

ooh ok. my bad lol.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ June 27 2005,4:49)]ooh ok. my bad lol.
Yeah, what he said - outside! Diurnal, otherwise. LOL!

Thanks.
When it gets fall/winter, what shall I do then? I read to put in a garage(which I dont have) or a basement(which ours gets extermely cold). It's gets below freezing quite often in the winter here. And yes I water all my plants with store bought distilled. =)

There are several options for the late Fall/Winter. Some people put the plant in a refrigerator. Others will leave them outside and heavily mulch it. If you had lived in the South, you can just leave it outside without much intervention. Others put it in a coolish garage. A VFT in nature sees freezing temps, but if tou can maintain a 35-40 degree envirinment, you are doing fine.

Back