What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mulch for the bog garden

i have my bog garden in, all thats left it the mulch and the plants. i wanted to use a sort of coco fiber bedding but my father said that wouldent it float on the surface of the water?? now that i think bout it im wondering if theirs anything that will not float on the surface of the water. what type of mulch should i use?? id like one that looks natrual and is best for cps.

any help will be great!

How about sand (pool filter), sphagnum peat, and LFS?

lfs?? wats that??

Long Fiber Sphagnum.

is that the same as live spagnum peat moss?? ive heard it grows fast in a bog.

There's the dried LFS you can buy at Home Depot or Lowes and there's the live LFS that can be cultivated from the dried or gotten from someone who has it - like me.

thanks anyway, but i have some already growing around a pp that i have, its a small pot full of it, so im not sure if it will spread enough.

In time, with good lighting and water, it will spread.

water is not much of a problem and it gets full sun for a long time so i think it will spread. how fast will it spread?? im hopeing to get it to cover the entire bog.

Back