What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Info on artificial lighting

This is my first year growing CP. So far so good but when winter time comes I'm going to have a couple plants that I'll need to grow indoors. So my question is what are our choices when it comes to artificial lighting? I know nothing about the fixtures that hold them up or the bulbs that you put in them. So if anyone could point me in the correct direction or give me some info I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Hey Outsiders! Are you the same Outsiders from the Gardenweb forum? If so, hello again! If not, hello for the first time!

As for your lighting question, the sticky thread at the top of this forum will help you a lot in terms of what lighting to get. After you read that, I need to know a few things to help you out with lighting:

-What kind of carnivorous plants will you be growing?
-Will they be in a terrarium? If so, what size tank?
-Do you love carnivourous plants?
smile_n_32.gif

Get back to me and I'll do my best to help you out
smile.gif

Yes i'm the same one from GardenWeb. I'm going to have some Sarr and Darlingtonia seedlings towards the end of fall. I will also have some Drosera plants and seedlings that will also be skipping their first year of dormancy (some are tropical and don't go dormant as well). As for a tank, I'm not sure. I'm probably going to try to cram everything into a 10gallon tank that I already have. Thanks.

Welcome to the forums. There's been A LOT of recent posts (at least 15) in this forum on artificial lighting, including recommended bulbs, fixtures, light intensity, plant preferences, etc. Check out the postings from the past couple of months for lots of good information! The "search" feature is the easiest way.

Good luck growing your plants.

Back