What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poster framing acrylic

Does anybody know where I can get large sheets of the thin acrylic used to cover framed posters? Do framing shops carry it in large sheets? Thanks.

-D. Lybrand

You could try some place like Home Depot or Lowes, but I found that the pricing and selection at US Plastic.com is great.

Ha, I saw that stuff at the local ACE hardware store, and thought the same thing!

I already got some acrylic from Lowe's that is thicker than poster framing acrylic, albeit much more expensive. I used leftover poster frame fronts for the top, which doesn't need to be as sturdy. Thanks, though.

-D. Lybrand

go to a framing shop and ask. a local variety store also does framing. i know one of the guys that owns it really well and went in for a piece of plexi today for covering dart frog tanks. even way up here in the middle of nowhere they had sheets of the stuff up to 4x8 feet. probably 1/8 of an inch thick on the 20x36 inch sheet that i bought.

Back