What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My cps

• Thread starter witch247us
  • Start date
Ok, I got some CPs at Lowes about a month ago, and I was growing them in my windowsill for about 2 weeks, but decided to move them outside, so they could take in more sun. Now, my VPs are doing ok, but my sundews are really not doing well. There loosing there green, and shriveling up, and there is no longer dew on them. My purple pitcher plant really doesn’t resemble a purple pitcher plant, it just looks like leafs, one has a tiny opening. I don't really know what to do to improve there growing conditions, but I will go out tonight and take a few snapshots of my CPs and where they are growing. Thanks in advance for any help you may give me. ( =

If the sundew is D. adelae, it will prefer shaded locations. I fried my first one that way. I left the pot out side under a table and after some time the plant did come back.

Ok, how do I know if its a D. adelae?

Merry meet!

Sounds like too much too fast, and the Drosera got sunburned. Believe me , outdoors is the way to go, but just like someone who is fish belly white, the process has to go in slow stages unless the plants are started from seed outdoors. I advise that you screen the Drosera with some white plastic now in order to preserve the chloroplasts that are left, and possibly the plants will recover in time. The new growth will be stronger if they do.

No, mine has little leafs at the base, and has these... tentacle looking things sprouting out of the center, I think there is about 4. I am going to go take some pictures of them right now, so I will have them posted for ya later tonight. ( =

Got pictures yet?

Back