What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown plat/seed

• Thread starter Wesley
  • Start date

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
I was give some plant seed some time and have only just now been able to get around to taking pics and the such. The person told me that they got the seed from someone when they went to New York. I don't know if the plant is native or not. Anway here are the pics.

Pics

Hey Wesley, i cant get the link to show me any plant pics, as all i get is the main page of Webshots.
smile_l_32.gif

hmm, let me see if I can get that fixed. Try this one. If it doesn't work, the individual links will be listed below.

Pics

Pic 1

Pic 2

It still won't let you see the pics

oh yea, I delted them and forgot to move them to a better place....
confused.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Ok last try

32986522O559032401.jpg

32986517O081420159.jpg

The second pic is Nelumbo nucifera (sacred lotus) or maybe Nelumbo lutea.

Thanks. You wouldn't happen to know anything about trying to grow one of these things would you?

It depends if it is a native lotus or a tropical lotus.

If you search on line you should be able to find info on getting the seeds to grow. What you do after that depends on wether its tropical or not.

I have tried to grow native lotus as a container plant, overwintering indoors after dormancy sets in but have not been very successful. I think it's best to plant them in a perminant pond. Maybe someone else has had better luck.

I too have seed but have not tried to germinate then yet.

Good luck.

Glenn

Back