What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A head scratcher

Spotted this sundew *i think* growing in a pot of my U. reniformis.
I'm not really expecting an ID atthis stage, but thought everyone might get a kick out of giving their guesses

here is the unknown *dew*
unknowndroserapwrdec05.JPG

Cheers!

I think I know.
Drosera Tosmalltotell. Very common in seed form. LOL!!!!!!

That was my guess bugweed! Now to just inject the little guy with some growin' juice to speed this waiting process up......
smile_m_32.gif

I was going to go with Tamlin's ol' D. Roundandstickya

smile_k_ani_32.gif
Looks like a capensis, I get them popping up all the time and they look like that when they're little but they quickly grow

DINO!!!!! Hi guy!! Good guess, but unfortunately many drosera look very similar in their first stages of growth. You could be right of course, but only time will tell.

I guess it is D.unknownGrownInUrenifomisPot.
Or it could also be D.littleGreenThingWithUnknownID.
Or it could just be D.capensis

Or it could be D. shutupandletmegrowdammit!
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Dec. 28 2005,4:18)]Or it could be D. shutupandletmegrowdammit!  
smile_n_32.gif
I read that this particular cultivar is very temperamental. It doesn't like its roots disturbed and can do the "playing 'possum" thing. It also emits a growth inhibitor when other plants are placed with it and is dormant for 11 months of the year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Dec. 28 2005,4:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Dec. 28 2005,4:18)]Or it could be D. shutupandletmegrowdammit!
smile_n_32.gif
I read that this particular cultivar is very temperamental. It doesn't like its roots disturbed and can do the "playing 'possum" thing. It also emits a growth inhibitor when other plants are placed with it and is dormant for 11 months of the year.

Not only that, but it WILL NOT survive unless it is constantly watered with rum.

-Ben

Oh, Jim! So many stories, so many bends in the truth. IT'S TEN MONTHS DORMANCY, GOOFBALL!!!!!!!

Hi,

It seems to me to be a plantlet from a piece of D. capensis root.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Not only that, but it WILL NOT survive unless it is constantly watered with rum.

-Ben

Oh me and this D. shutupandletmegrowdammit have something in common.

I think we all have something in common with it

laugh.gif

So, what happened to this little guy? Is he bigger now?

-Ben

Well, he grew up and others have started, definitely a Drosera capensis alba, from an underground root. The most confusing thing is that I never had capensis in there but there are definitely some thick capensis roots in the media....Must have accidentally transferred them there when I was repotting. oops
biggrin.gif

The capensis invasion begins!!!!!!!! BATTLE STATIONS!!!!!!!

Not really the beginning, just the onset of guerilla tactics, the capensis have now been forced underground....

I have to have a mass capensis give away! They're everywhere!

Back