What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sundew

Maybe Drosera brevifolia?

-Ben

Where did you buy the sundews that looke like that?

Cheers,

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ April 30 2006,4:26)]Where did you buy the sundews that looke like that?

Cheers,

Joe
at a plant sale it was in a pot with s flava (looks like a hybrid) and parot pitcher plants and other plants its a bog they say that they rescued the carnivorous plants

Wow, in that case D. brevifolia is a definite possibilty. When it flowers you will know for sure. The only other possibiltyIif it looks like that( is D. capillaris.

Cheers,

Joe

correct. only flowers will tell the tru identity...dont judge by the leaves, i learned that the hard(??) way.
smile.gif

alex

well one of them is growing a stalk i dont see a flower yet but ill tell yall when i do.

Reg, As Glider recently learned, d. brevifolia is unique among North American sundews because of the flower stalk. The flower stalk of the d. brevifolia is covered with tiny mucilage covered hairs, like a d. filiformis, but MUCH finer hairs. The flowers are white. D. capillaris has a smooth flower stalk that comes from the center of the plant, and the flowers are pink. Leaves that small won't tell you much yet, but, given a little time and patience, they should flower for you in a month or two. Time will tell. Good luck! And they look a little dry. Make sure they get a little more water as sundews like soil a bit wetter than some CP. My d. intermedia are growing out of soil and they are covered an inch in water. They love it! But intermedia stand straight up, and like that treatment. Most other rosetted forms may lay flatter against the ground, and may take offense to being in deep water. Wet would be good.

Back