What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mystery Nep

Sorry it looks the way it does, it went through 8 terrible months in a dorm room and is only now starting to recover. I've never know what kind it was so I was hoping you guys could shed some light.
Nep1.gif

Here is a picture of the plant.
Nep2.gif

And here is a close-up of a developing pitcher, if this is not enough I will post another picture after it is fully opened.

Welcome to Terraforums! A lot of these Neps lookalike, particularly without being able to see the mature pitchers, but if I had to hazard an educated guess, it really looks like an N. ventrata from either Home Depot or Lowes. Where did you get it? Show us another picture in a few weeks.

Actually it was from a local nursery of ours, um I think the website that was on the container it came in was

http://www.gublers.com/

Sure hope that helps.
Yah I actually got it before we got our home depot so I've had it for about 3 years.

Ummm looked through the site, none of the pitchers are what mine looked like in healthier times, I'll post when the pitchers are ready.

Yeah, too early to tell by an pitcher that isn't fully developed. Gublers is certainly one of the known suppliers to garden centers. Other possibilites would be N. ventricosa and the one pictured below - N. sanguinea.

N_sanguinea.jpg

Aug19007.jpg

Aug19008.jpg

Here is the pitcher all grown up next to his brother pitcher, now quick tell me what it is.

N. x miranda. or some other maxima hybrid, they all look the same to me.

It has maxima in it for sure, quite possibly either straight maxima or 'Miranda'.

Cheers
Amori

EDIT: darn, that was freaky we posted the same thing at practically the same time!

if its from gublers...its the unknown maxima hybrid

Back