What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unknown nep

• Thread starter schloaty
  • Start date

schloaty

Staff member
ABGunknown1.jpg

Ok, folks, this is from ABG. The only info I have on it is that it's a highland nep.

ABG?... i have no clue...its a hybrid though. very pretty.
Alex

ABG = Atlanta Botanical Garden.

There was something bout a plant looking slightly like that on CPUK. They said it might be a N. sanguinea x ramispina. Yours does look like it has something like that in it.

Here's the topic: Nep

The topic isn't about the nep, but the nep in question is the black one, the 6th pic. Sure the nep doesn't look much like yours, but yours does seem to look a lot like N. sanguinuea, or maybe N. macfarlanei, and the absence of wings on your plant looks like N. ramispina. Plus, there's some dark coloring on your plant.

-Ben

ah now i see it! it looks alot like it has Ramispina in it... if these are uppers...search for N. ramispina uppers. the uppers of ramispina do have a lot of color in it but not as much as the lowers. there is more green in the uppers.
3rd pic down
but yours has spots on the inside of the pitchers...
Alex

Now that I look glider's pic, yours really does look even more like a N. ramispina. But like glider14 said, yours has spots, which I think is N. sanguinea.

-Ben

I meant "which is why I think it's sanguinea x ramispina." lol.

-Ben

hmmmmm....I think you may be right..... That is also quite a common and variable hybrid.

Do ya have any spare cuttings???
smile.gif

-Ben

FWIW ABG in more into pure species than hybrids. Plus I never recall having seen a tag for sang x ram in the high elevation house.

Back