What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yet another hitchhiker - what is it this time?

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
Yet another hitchhiker plant in my Drosera aliciae. Utricularia reniformis perhaps?

xplant.jpg

Possibly, but most likely a wayward seedling.

-Ben

dig it up... youll be able to tell for sure. i have those in my seed "pots" buy they have hairs for roots.
Alex

Another leaf popped up overnight. You can see it as a green patch between the two D. aliciae leaves just above and slightly to the left of the circle. The new one is the same size, just twice as tall.

Okay, before I pull it out any ideas of what it is?

P6050091.jpg

P6050090.jpg

P6050094.jpg

P6050089.jpg

nope...some kind of weed

I think its a weed. Is that subulata growing in your pot?

U. bisquamata I beleive from the look of the flowers, and it's flowering again (no surprise there).

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106615

Guess I'll grab the forceps and yank that thing out.

Edit: What ever it was, it didn't put up much of a fight. It left a root thread that I was able to pull up easily - not extensive at all - no sign of bladders

Last edited:
The leaves are all ruffly-ish; looks like no utric :-(

Edit: So you found out what it was. :blush:

yes a weed. i've seen it in my orchid pots. Don't let it go to seed. Grow up everywhere!
Peter.

Weed...... and weed! Looks like U. bisquamata!

Hmmmmm, looks like a couple of different Utricularia in that pot and it might be U. tricolor, the shape is about right. The other certainly looks like U. subulata.

Whoops! Looks like the recent photos were deleted off photobucket. How'd that happen? I reloaded them.

Back