What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia seedlings ID

Heres some seedlings grown from a mixed packet of seeds.

Can anyone tell what they are?

This one looks like some sort of rubra. What do you guys think?
pseedling01.jpg

pseedling02.jpg

This one came from a packet of S. leucophylla "big mouth form".
pseedling03.jpg

Another from the mixed packet. leuco or leuco hybrid??
pseedling04.jpg

a strange all green.
pseedling05.jpg

At that small undeveloped size, they could be anything. Maybe by the end of this growing season, or the next, the traits you need to to I.D. them will start to show. Right now, my oreophila seedlings, and my rubra seedlings, as well as the flava seedlings, look very much the same.

Thank you, Mr. weed. I shall be patient!

Good! Like I tell one and all, if you cannot be patient in this hobby, find something else! CP can make you wait for what seems like forever, but the end results are usually worth it. Try using the 24/7 growing system. There is a sticky in the pitcher plant forum covering year round growing of seedlings to get mature plants faster. It works well, and you wait a whole lot less!

The first plant I posted has been putting out some new pitchers that look very different from before. Any ideas on this one?

sx01.jpg

Very nice. It's probably S.x readii.

Your all green seedling could be purpurea ssp. purpurea forma heterophylla, but it's too early to say really.

Heres another hybrid. This one came out of a packet of S. leucophylla "Big mouth form".

lx01.jpg

lx02.jpg

Any idea on the other parent?

I really like the way this one is turning out. :)

Ur first pic looks like a rubra

The first pics are old ones - they're the same as the ones below.

The bottom one could still start looking more like leucophylla when it gets a bit bigger. Another possibility is that it's a sister of the possible S.x readii.

Back