What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mislabeled Utric

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

All I know is that it is NOT U. nelumbifolia or sandersonii or livida or....

Really? Are you sure? Do you have a picture of it?

i was just about to say that!
Jim:go back to the CPUK forum and look at the post where the guy is growing it in his fish tank. a photo of the flowers is on there. scroll down a little.
Alex

It could also be another similar plant; I forget the name. It is thought to be either another species, U. graminifolia, or just a different type of U. graminifolia.

I recognized it by the poofy skirt.

Although, the first and second pics are different plants. I don't know what the first could be; looks reminiscent of U. sandersonii.

-Ben

It's the same plant, just taken on several days apart. I'll check out CPUK. Thanx!

I agree; it's very similar or exactly like U. graminifolia. :)

As soon as my sandersonii blue opens up, I will be toting several flowering utrics and a Genlisea over to my friend's place, so he can take pictures. I will have the pots of blue & white, side by side, along with the graminifolia.

Here's a new picture:

IMG_0028-1.jpg

Yeah, definitely U. graminifolia. Of course, it could also be "U. heterosepala" but I'm not sure what the difference between the two is; most likely just the bladder shapes. So, probably just U. graminifolia, since I've never really heard of anyone with U. heterosepala.

-Ben

Back