What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help me to ID this Nepenthe

• Thread starter ericsow
  • Start date
Anyone know this?
Image%28330%29.jpg

I would guess N. sanguinea 'Orange'.

here is the latest view.

A green line on inside of wings.
Image%28345%29.jp

Peristome become black after few days.
Image(346).jpg

The peristome shape & color, the spotting on the inside of the back pitcher wall, the leaf shape, and the pitcher color still makes me think it is N. sanguinea 'Orange'.

It is also a nepenthes that is fairly common these days from tissue culture. Where did you get the plant?

Very nice-looking plant, btw.

i second N. sanguinea orange. of all the sanguineas ive seen...only the orange one has the peltate tendril insertion into the leaf) the orange fom also has semi-mature pitchers that are tall(7in) but not very broad. when the full mature pitchers come they start out squat and fat then get taller and taller... supposedly the orange from can be 12in tall and hold a liter of fluid!!!

Alex

This my whole plant size picture.

Image%28349%29.jpg

Which mean this nepenthe's pitcher will be taller and taller?

The peristome shape & color, the spotting on the inside of the back pitcher wall, the leaf shape, and the pitcher color still makes me think it is N. sanguinea 'Orange'.

It is also a nepenthes that is fairly common these days from tissue culture. Where did you get the plant?

Very nice-looking plant, btw.

Dave,

I found it from one of local garden landscape design shop. They don't know to that care the nepenthe and leaf almost eaten by some insect.

Is this highlander?

Yes, it is a highlander, but it is forgiving of warmer temperatures. I grow mine as an intermediate, and I know others who grow it as a lowland plant without any trouble.

Back