What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Nep

CPsinSC

Ryan + Sara
I got an unidentified nep from a local cp grower earlier this spring. The conditions it was kept in was preventing it from pitchering. I took a few cuttings and this one has two nice pitchers now. Any help with an ID would be appreciated.

nep1.jpg

nep2.jpg

nep3.jpg

nep4.jpg

nep5.jpg

Looks like N. x emmarene to me.

I see :redx:

EDIT: and all of a sudden, now i dont... healthy looking though

Looks more like a ventrata to me

I would go with ventrata since this is probably the most widely distributed Asian pitcher plant on the market... that and the pitcher shape and color.

I highly doubt ventrata - This didn't come from a widely distributed source and I have identified ventrata's growing in the same area as this one:

nep_ventrata.jpg

That doesn't look like any ventrata I've ever seen. I vote 'no' as well.

Emmarene (or a sibling of) I'm pretty sure...Look at the photo finder, all the pics from julie...or judy..or something on the cpuk photo hosting site.
Btw that "x" hasn't been a valid naming system for a while. Cultivars are designated as: N. 'Emmarene', and varietal forms with quotes: N. sanguinea "orange".

Is this what they call a grex? Lol, I'm in the dark about that stuff and need to brush up. Thanks for correcting me and I'll have to do some research since I've been meaning to.

Looks like my N. ventrcosa x alata hybrid although not as red as the one I have.

Back