What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Utric

My first impression is it's U. subulata, which is very invasive. It's a common hitch-hiker in many collections. I got some in a Sarracenia that I bought at Cal. Carn. last summer. I cut the flower stalk off ofter the first couple of blooms drop petal to keep the seeds from spreading to the rest of my collection (worse than it has already :censor: )

They also spread by stolon fragments between pots from the drain holes. I isolate pots that have Utricularia in them with individual trays as well as clipping the flowers. So far no spread - but it's likely a losing battle.

Could be subulata. could you get a pic of the leaves? If thin and grasslike, I would say subulata.

My best guess would be U. subulata too. Some more shots of the fully developed flowers from different angles would help, but the profile looks very much like U. subulata.

It's probably U. subulata. All but this one flower have been cleistogamous, and this one didn't really seem fully formed. I'll try to grab some better shots of the "leaves," but they're very grasslike. I'm wondering if it's a pot of other Utricularia or Drosera that's been overrun by subulata, since there are a bunch of really cool Drosera all of the same species coming up in the pot. I'm going to take some pics of the Drosera and post them soon for identification as well.

Thanks for the guesses, too bad it didn't turn out to be something a bit cooler. Or something that won't turn into an unstoppable menace....

Definitely subulata

I was at that place he had subulata everywhere and cpaensis and some invading pygmy drosera

Uh, what?

Back