What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found in a ditch

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I found these plants in a ditch just outside New Orleans.

Any ideas what it is?

258330856O305365886.jpg

258330841O833896737.jpg

258259204O047103341.jpg

Them's purrty flowers though....... ;)

Peruvian daffodils... we sometimes called them spider lillies... they're all over Louisiana... I thought they were the coolest things growing up...

As spider lillies, they're not to be confused with the red "spider lillies" that look different.

Cool, thanks. I found these right outside of the battle grounds of New Orleans in St. Barnard Parish.

I thought it was really cool. At first I thought it was a lost ghost orchid. That's what first got my attention.

no worries... I grew up in Louisiana and I saw them all over the place when I was a kid... I was just in LA this past weekend doing the family thing for Easter (NE LA though, not NOLA) and they were all in the road ditches there... they tend to grow where there's standing water.

I was there this weekend too. Too bad we couldn't get together to look for some cp's.

Back