What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Knows there Utrics?

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Here are 2 pictures of some very small flower utrics that have bloomed. These where hitch hikers.
Any guesses of what these might be?
Thanks

UtricYellow.jpg

Utricblue.jpg

You might not be able to tell in the pictures, but the flowers have a slight tinge of blue.

first is subulata and the second is bisquamata.

Alex

Elgecko,

Due to being hitchhikers and sort of delightful CP weeds my guesses would be U. subulata in photo #1 and U. bisquamata in photo #2. Wish I got some hitchhikers like that. Correct me if I'm wrong because I do better with plant in hand and a dichotomous key. The yellow flowering one looks a little less bright of a yellow than I'm used to whith subulata. Are there any drops of a glue type substance along the flower stalks in photo #1?

Thanks,

V

I know those little brown pods of subulata, apart from the yellow flowers!. And the second does look like bisquamata.

definatly not U.alpina it has white with yellow in an snapdragon plant looking way

I thought they looked like U. subulata and the second U. bisquamata. I just wanted to see if others thought that as well.

I know it's not U. alpina. That flower is much larger, white, and a totally different shape.

Thanks for the help.

Back