What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A pygmy and a fern

Cindy

Staff member
Unknown pygmy with pink flowers.
noid_pygmy.jpg

noid_pygmy1.jpg

This fern is happily growing in my Nep pot. I would like to ID it before I remove it and throw it out. In case it turns out to be something interesting. :0o:

noid_fern.jpg

I wonder if the pygmy is some sort of nitidula cross, like an allantostigma or erricksoniae or a Lake whatever....

The pygmy look similar to what I've got labelled as D. nitidula x pulchella. They were given to me. The plants that I have look really close to the pygmies in your picture based on flowers leaf morphology and color.

Dude edit your post no mentioning of vendors.. please read the rules.
I got one as a bonus plant from them too except mine is nitidula x ericksoniae.
I would post pics but this is your thread and I don't want to steal the show.

i have a nitidula x pulchella that just flowerd today and the flowers are white with pink, the leaf is diferent too....yours has ericksoniae in it

I guess mine was a mislabel and should be D. nitidula x ericksoniae unless there is a pinkish/purple flowering D. nitidula x pulchella.

IMG_0054-1.jpg
D. allantostigma

IMG_0083.jpg
Lake Badgerup

IMG_0079.jpg
Lake Carburup... I think

IMG_0077.jpg
D. nitidula x erricksoniae

IMG_0078.jpg
D, nitidula x omssa

These I received from a vendor labeled D. nitidula x pulchella and in my opinion look like more of a match. When these were in flower they were exactly the same color and morphology as those in Cindy's photos. Also, notice the orange tinge in the dews in this photo and the sundews in Cindy's photos.

v
February2908011-1.jpg

Personally I don't think that that lil guy is a fern; just a weed. But, if it were a fern, my guess would be that it's a bird's nest fern.

-Ben

well since this is Cindy's thread and Jimscott posted pics of his pygmys I think i'll show you mine, I have had it about a year and I missed gemmae formation becuase I didn't know what it looked like. I am pretty new I only have to species of pymys the other being D. scorpiodes
I also just got some roseana gemmae.
DSCF2634.jpg

DSCF2629.jpg

DSCF2641.jpg

those are from gemmae, the scorpiodes and I started them in winter, they have some color now but now that the sunlight is gradually becoming more concentrated they should start to color up even nicer.

Nice pygmess you guys have growing there :-D

it's too bad that there are so many pygmys sold by vendors that don't realy know what they sell. i got a "nitidula omissa" a few monts ago and today by checking up on the flowers i'm 100% sure it's a lake badgerup....:censor:

look like Bird's Nest fern.

Back