What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowes Sarracenia...Wrig or a Formosa?

i have no freaking clue xD i just got it yesterday with my giant lowes deathcube rescue xD
CPs5-7-08001.jpg

It looks like a very pale S. minor to me.

Crystal

Being that it's from a death cube gives me good evidence that it's a Scarlet Belle; it's one of the more common hooded sarrs.

deffinitly not a minor..wrong type of hood. this is more like the psittanica, wrigelyana, and formosa hoods.

That is without a doubt S. x wrigleyana. I can not say if that is a cultivar or not. It's very etoliated and colorless.

100% certain its not a S. minor.
99.9% certain its a Scarlett Belle.

Scot

I tried ???.

Scot, how can you discern which cultivar of S. x wrigleyana it is when it's practically clear?

I agree with the S. leuco x psitticina (Scarlette Belle) I.D.s

Scot, how can you discern which cultivar of S. x wrigleyana it is when it's practically clear?

im basing the Scarlet Belle guess not on how it looks,
but from what is known about death cubes..

its a very common TC variety for death cubes,
while "regular" S. wrigleyana is not..

so im saying S.B. because of the source of the plant..

and..growing up in a death cube, if it is a S.B. it would make sense that its not showing any
red coloration right now..SK will get it out in the sun, and time will tell..

Scot

OK, well then it's probably that then!

Scarlett Belle.

i believe it actually says 'Scarlet Belle' Hybrid on the side of the cubes. thats what mine turned out to be. awesome plant!!

Alex

the cubes only said pitcher plant ;)

all the plants from the cubes other than the two neps are outside.

The only Lowe's death cube Sarras we get are purps and alabamensis.

But doesn't a psitticina contain S. minor? Give it time and the "ugly duckling" will become a "beautiful swan".

Back