What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utric ID help please

• Thread starter gypsyjazz
  • Start date
This popped up in a pot of D.capensis and I have no idea what it is. I am currently only growing U.bisquatmata, U.bisquamata 'betty's bay', U.sandersonii and U.livida. Thanks for your help.

dsc05791-4bkp9bes6.jpeg

dsc05792-4bkp9p37a.jpeg

p6290097-4bkp9zip2.jpeg

p6290099-4bkpa6gke.jpeg

Sorry for some pictures being blurry.

This reminds me of U. dichotoma, although it looks quite a bit different. When I look at the U. dichotoma "Complex" species (novae, monanthos), they don't seem to match yours either.

The spur in this is much fatter and curved than that of the U. dichotoma complex species, and the skirt has a bit of a curvature to it, as well. Also, that small yellow mark at the top of the flower is usually more "3-D" than yours.

So I have no idea. :p

-Ben

I'm going to have to say it's U.lateriflora because U. dichotoma has one or two really similar looking Utrics. Plus, I have U. dichotoma currently bloomin,g and they look a little different.

Edit: U. dichotoma has pentagon like flowers and aren't wavy.

Back