What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intermedia????

I got some spatulata seeds last year. They all grow up nice. I noticed that one of them was very diferent in the way it was growing so i separate it from the rest. It flowered while i was at work so i didn't see them. It's in a 2'' pot. Thanx for any help on id!

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

Looks like Rotundifolia. Intermedia has more spoon shaped leaves and produces a stem

drosera_intermedia_leaves.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's not D. intermedia or D. rotundifolia. It could be a hybrid of the two, or something else. It looks like a hybrid of something.

-Ben

Yes, i know it's not rotundifolia....but it might be a form of intermedia (in case you guys forgot there is more than one form). it flowered relatively fast and the stalk had 2 white flowers....like i said, i didn't see them open ...i was at work.

Could it be D. capillaris x intermedia or just D. capillaris?

it's a possibility

Looks like D. capillaris to me from the hairs on the petioles and bristles on the stipules. D. intermedia does not have hairs on the petioles.

What color are the flowers? Pink = D. capillaris or D. rotundifolia. White = D. rotundifolia or D. intermedia. The shape of the seeds will tell for sure unless it's a hybrid.

Last edited:
No seeds! It's possible for the flowers to be a light pink or white. What was surprising about this dew was the size of it when it flowered...about 1/2'' in height...realy small!! The one that you guys see it's about 6-7 months and is 1'' high and 1,5'' in diameter...still very small. Grown in full sun. I'm thinking capilaris too! Thanks for the precise info, NaN!

The shape and growth structure are not right for intermedia.

intermediagoundlevel062206.jpg

It is probably just an aberrant spatulata, that species is fairly pleomorphic.

Updated pics!!!

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0003-1.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

I don't know what you guys think but this doesn't look like a spatulata at all!!!!

deffinitly looks like intermedia to me....

Looks like a hybrid like

Drosera x beleziana (D. intermedia x rotundifolia)
Drosera x obovata (D. rotundifolia x anglica)

The petioles are too flat to be D. intermedia. Plus the hairs on petioles, D. intermedia is bald (glaborous).

Note: I erroneously stated earlier that D. rotundifolia has glaborous petioles. That post has been corrected.

forgot about those hybrids NaN lol

i'm probably going to bring it to the meeting so you can see it up close....to me it look like a nidiformis with rounder leavs

Ivan is the one to show it to.

Edit: Yes, it does look like D. nidiformis. Seeds would tell for sure. The lack of seeds could be because it is a sterile hybrid or just not ready to set seed yet. If the scape was dewey looking as with most South African Drosera I would lean towards D. nidiformis.

i grow nidiformis, and it does resemble it now that i look at it...i cant believe i didnt think of that >_< **slaps self** and the flowers are a pinkish white like he explained...

i have purple flowers on my nidiformis....this could be a twisted hybrid

WoW!!! It looks exactly like mine!!

Back