What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Rudd?

• Thread starter ilbasso
  • Start date
I'm thinking no, although that is what it was sold as. Anybody have other guesses as to what it could be?

Rudd1.jpg

Rudd2.jpg

Rudd-1.jpg

Well, if it's not, then it'll be hard, or almost impossible to tell what the cross is, but I'm positive that is has leucophylla and purpurea in it.

Daniel Rudd is S. [leucophylla x (leucophylla x (flava x purpurea))] if im not mistaken, And ive heard the TRUE daniel rudd is no longer in cultivation...it looks similar, but the last picture of a true one i saw, did not have the red veins in the pitcher, only in the hood. i could be wrong though..
Edit: cultivation, im sure its out there...but i dont think the real one is being sold anymore, just to clear up the confusion.

Yes I do, thanks NaN :)

The real Rudd is supposedly still in cultivation and I have a division of what is supposed to be it. However it is too small for me to make a judgement call on yet.

The BOGUS Rudd is the same cross as the original remade by and Aussie nursery that felt that making th same cross made it the same plant. Obviously this is not the case for a cultivar. The smartest thing to do I put a big BOGUS on your tag and make sure anyone else who may get the plant form you is told it is the BOGUS clone.

I have one of the same BOGUS plants. I bought it because it's gorgeous and it was only 4 bucks! It's also very vigorous, so I'm happy with it. I've made sure to label it as BOGUS though haha

Back