What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please ID these CPs (nep, drosera, sarr)

Hi

Please help me correctly ID the CPs because some are mislabelled. Both nepenthes were labelled as Alatas so maybe the labels on the other plants might also be wrong. And if possible please include care tips hehe. I hope these will survive the climate here in the Philippines. Thanks

Nepenthes Hookeriana?
IMG_7323.jpg

Nepenthes Sanguinea?
IMG_7326.jpg

Drosera Aliciae?
IMG_7331.jpg

Drosera Capensis 1
IMG_7328.jpg

Drosera Capensis 2
IMG_7334.jpg

Sarracenia 1
IMG_7357-1.jpg

Sarracenia 2
IMG_7343.jpg

Sarracenia 3
IMG_7347.jpg

Thanks

Melvin

Sarrs:

1) Probably cv. 'Judith Hindle'

2) looks like flava x purp

3) x wrigleana likely the 'Scarlet Belle' cultivar as IIRC that is the only wrig that was put in to TC

Everything else looks correct

Last edited:
D. aliciae and D. capensis are correct. Sarracenias 2 is S. purpurea. Sarracenia 3 might be S. Scarlette Belle.

Drosera Capensis 1 = Drosera capensis.
Drosera Capensis 2 = Drosera capensis! ;)

there arent many *special* varieties of D. capensis..not many cultivars.
and if you dont know if you have one or not, then you dont..
so they are just plain old D. capensis..nothing wrong with that though! ;)

Sarracenia 1 = most likely a Judith Hindle..but when you arent 100% certain of the cultivar name, if any, you should never guess and GIVE them a name! you will just have to call it a "mixed hybrid"

Sarracenia 2 = probably some flavor of Sarracenia x catesbaei ..but again, there is no way to ever know for sure, so again it should be simply called a "mixed hybrid"

Sarracenia 3 = Some flavor of wrigleyana..probably a 'sultry maid' or 'mardi gras' or 'Scarlet Belle'
but again..impossible to tell with certainty..I would call it a wrigleyana, since its a very clearly that..but as for the specific cultivar..no way to know..

Scot

Sarracenia 3 = Some flavor of wrigleyana..probably a 'sultry maid' or 'mardi gras' or 'Scarlet Belle'

'Sultry Maid'/'Mardi Gras' is a complex hybrid...

...so i'm the only one that thinks the first capensis is the "all green" (or "white" or "green"...) and the 2end is the regular cape?! Anyway, just watch for flowers...if they are white then it's the green form.

I did not know there was a green form. Nice! I thought it was just light deficient at first. Its pretty cool looking. Does anyone have pics of Red and White ones? My Capensis is flowering right now big and pink. They can be selfed right?

I think you labeled the neps right, N. x hookeriana and N. sanguinea. And I guess all the others were labeled, so I hope this helps.

Does anyone have pics of Red and White ones? My Capensis is flowering right now big and pink. They can be selfed right?

I can get a picture of my capensis 'red', but it looks like it's dying because of the cold. Not even D. capensis can withstand the cold! :O I believe all forms are self-fertile.

Last edited:
i believe number 1 is indeed hookeriana
number 2 is sanguinea as well im sure of it. Frilleon, those hairs are typical on young pitchers.

I did not know there was a green form. Nice! I thought it was just light deficient at first. Its pretty cool looking. Does anyone have pics of Red and White ones? My Capensis is flowering right now big and pink. They can be selfed right?

They self themselves. If it flowers you'll have seed regardless of whether you want any or not.

You my be right. I'll take a picture of the two small ones next to each other and post it so everyone can see I'm not crazy! The sanguinea looks nothing like what is pictured in the Nepenthes #2 photo. I'm not saying your incorrect. I'm just saying the N. boschiana from my collection looks more like it then the N. sanguinea from my collection.

I really doubt it's N. boschiana. I've seen some N. sanguineas that look really different, Dark reddish and dark red peristomes. Plus, it's a fairly young looking plant, so it would have hairs on its pitchers. Edit: Also, the spurs, leaves, wings, and the new undeveloped pitchers look just like my sanguinea. Besides, if these came from a local nursery, I don't think they'd get N. boschiana.

Thanks for all the replies.

Do both droseras have the same exact ID even if they don't have the same colors? One is white and the other is red. Hehe sorry for the poor photography.

Thanks

Melvin

Back