What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 Neps for ID

• Thread starter melvin
  • Start date
Please ID these new neps that I got.

Nep 1 & 2
IMG_7411.jpg

IMG_7412.jpg

IMG_7413.jpg

IMG_7422.jpg

Nep 3
IMG_7428.jpg

IMG_7430.jpg

Nep 4
IMG_7435.jpg

IMG_7441.jpg

IMG_7440.jpg

Nep 5
IMG_7448.jpg

IMG_7445.jpg

IMG_7449.jpg

Thanks

Melvin

N.4 Is im almost sure, Truncata. N1&2 look like a Raff x Ventrata or Alata. but im not sure i dont know. im a nub ^^ N.3 Sibuyensia or w.e spelling? iono sorry, hope this sorta helpsx ??? :0o:

Would these happen to be Hawaiian hybrids? If so, then that would make ID'ing much easier. :)

All neps are native to the Philippines. For neps 1&2, pitchers are about 5 inches excluding the lid.

Thanks

Melvin

So, assuming that they are all Phillipine species, then they could be any one of these:

N. alata
N. argentii
N. bellii
N. burkei
N. copelandii
N. deaniana
N. mantalingajanensis
N. merrilliana
N. mindanaoensis
N. mira
N. mirabilis
N. peltata
N. petiolata
N. philippinensis
N. saranganiensis
N. sibuyanensis
N. surigaoensis
N. truncata
N. ventricosa

Source: Wikipedia

This is the point where I leave the actual identification up to the experts here at TerraForums. ;)

halt, N#4 is most certainly not a truncata

Thanks for posting

I agree, I don't see N. Truncatas in any of the 5 neps. In fact neps 3,4&5 were labelled as Alatas, but the petiole and pitchers don't look like Alata to me.

Jimmy, you have a good point. But I'm not fully excluding the possibility that some of these maybe species not included in the Philippine nepenthes list, because I think there may still be a few undocumented ones here. That's why most sellers here just label nepenthes as Alatas because that's one of the most common nep here.

Do neps 1&2 look like N. Mindanaoensis?

Melvin

#4 Looks like veitchii to me...but I may be horribly wrong since I don't see any hair on it. :x Maybe spathulata? I don't know.

#1&2 Look like N. clipeata. But I may be horribly wrong again. xD

#5 Uuuuuuh....Raff? I don't know.

I know all these aren't on the Phillippines List, but that's what they look like to me.

Edit: I was looking in Wikipedia, and saw that #3 looks like N. philippinensis.

Here are 2 pitchers from nep 5. Please ID thanks

IMG_7660.jpg

IMG_7662.jpg

IMG_7663.jpg

IMG_7667.jpg

IMG_7679.jpg

Melvin

Hi melvin

My guess would be a N hirsuta..

Ken

Looks like N. tobaica.

@ Capensis : # 1 & 2 are NOT N. clipeata. I have yelled at many people "You [insert insulting name here], look! That petalate insertation is not extreme! Look at it! The tendril goes to the end of the leaf! That is N. clipeata x eymae! That famous Munich cross!" That is why I deserve N. clipeata.

No, really. # 1 & 2 are definitely Nepenthes clipeata x eymae.

Thanks for the replies

I was also thinking of Hirsuta but how does the leaf attachment of Hirsuta compare to my plant?

I think it is not Tobaica because the leaf attachment of Tobaica is somewhat similar to Ventrata.

Here are more pictures

IMG_7688.jpg

IMG_7689.jpg

IMG_7691.jpg

Thanks

Melvin

@ Capensis : # 1 & 2 are NOT N. clipeata.

No, really. # 1 & 2 are definitely Nepenthes clipeata x eymae.

Now that I think about, I believe your right. I've only seen a picture of an actual N. clipeata and remember the leaves kind of having holes at the end of the leaves for the tendrils.

Back