What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula ID

Get this Mex. Ping as P. 'Weser'. However, it doesn't look like P. 'Weser' to me. What coould it be?

we3.jpg

we2.jpg

we1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its hard to tell. If a ping is not grown in correct lighting in can be the wrong color even.

why did you post this topic twice. o_O

The coloring on the petals somewhat resembles that on my P. moranensis [G] though the coloring on my blossom is more of a purplish blue color than in your picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
This plant appears to be very similar to Pinguicula 'Tina', but the flower does not, for whatever reason, match the photographic standard for this cultivar. This may be a temporary condition, due to cultural conditions, or the plant may not actually be this cultivar. It may even be a sibling from the same parents, hence the similarity.

Sorry for posted twice. This Ping look more like P. 'Tina' than P. 'Weser' . Thanks. May be label it as P. agnata hybrid would be fine.

Back